8th of July, 2015
Well it is that time of year when Winter strikes. Every second person you meet has a cold, you are wearing multiple layers yet you still feel cold, and for the lucky ones, you see snow. Winter is not my favourite season yet it is most definitely my most not favourite season. I don't think that that made any sense but hopefully you get what I mean. I love Winter just as much as I love any other season, there I got it out!! :)
Winter is one of the seasons with many pros and cons. I am sitting in my bed with a million layers on, a hot chocolate and a good book & listening to a little Taylor Swift. Obviously, I have a cold (I guess that that sounds like I just insulted Tay, but I love her so... apologies). I am supposed to be on my holidays doing whatever I want, watching YouTube, seeing friends and enjoying this beautiful season, yet I am holed up at home, making everyone around me sick.
Despite that I have much to blog about. This post today will be filled with things that melt in your mouth, things that go fizz, holiday ideas, and winter rituals.
The first thing I wanted to do was my "Things that melt in your mouth" part.
The first thing that I have really been enjoying is Cadbury chocolate. Of course I have always loved chocolate but recently I have found a new favourite: Black Forest. Black Forest chocolate is now up with my top three favourite sweets along with Cherry Ripe and Turkish Delight. For those of you that don't know what Black Forest chocolate tastes like, it is like this: (add picture of choccie packet).
My next thing that I am currently loving for those cold days, is another Cadbury product. This time it is 'Drinking Chocolate'. All throughout the year I drink this but, in Winter I drink a lot more and I drink it heated up in the microwave. The Hot Chocolate is delicious and is definitely the best one I have ever had.
Things that go fizz is what I have planned to do in my holidays. I have decided that I want to attempt to make some bath bombs. I have watched many YouTube videos trying to find out about making them and I have tried to get all the right ingredients and the such like, so thumbs up! (Please look at my 'The Hunt' post for a little info on how you can help me with my bath bombs.)
I know that I am not the only person that has their Winter rituals... right? Some of my rituals are reading heaps and heaps of books. So far I have read one book these holidays bringing me closer and closer to my 'New Financial Year Resolution' (check out my last post if you don't know what I mean). I love on a really cold day to transform a couch, chair or bed into a little Winter haven. My recipe for the perfect Winter haven is:
Lots of wooly, fluffy, warm blankets
A hot water bottle
A good book
A Hot Chocolate
Some Black Forest chocolate
A fire close by
Lots of pillows
A TV if you get bored
A collection of favourite toys
And my cat
Recently I have been struck down with a cold and have living out of my little Winter haven which is fun, but I wish I could get outside and start doing some other things as well. If you guys have any little hints or tips on how I can get better sooner they would be really helpful, not only for me but for anyone else who is also sick.
If in this post I have mentioned anything that you are loving, that you will try or some advice let me know in the comment boxes below (if I were a YouTuber I would be pointing at the bottom of the screen, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it).
No comments:
Post a Comment